With over 20 years’ experience in internship programmes,
About the Internship Programme at Swan
Erasmus+ and SWAN’s Professional Development course for private individuals are both essentially Internship programmes which can be taken with or without an English language course.
Our Professional Internship Programme offers candidates the opportunity to get professional work experience within a company here in Ireland. Internship programmes are becoming increasingly popular in recent years due to a number of factors including the high rate of unemployment and the difficulty for young people to gain and develop skills. The aim of the Internship Programme is to provide practical, professional work experience related to the candidate’s area of study. The high quality of our Internship placements gives candidates the opportunity to increase their practical skills within real-life working environments.
Swan Training Institute has been acting as Intermediary Organization and involved in European projects since 1995 and we are currently delighted to be involved in the recent Erasmus + projects (the EU’s new programme for education, training, youth and sport 2014-2020), which replaced the Lifelong Learning Programmes (Leonardo da Vinci and Erasmus, VETPRO…)
We have established partnerships with schools, Vocational schools, organisations, universities and private agents throughout the European Union. We pride ourselves on the quality of our long term partnerships and we would be happy to collaborate with new partners.
Range of sectors available
Administration/Office Support, Advertising, Architecture, Art, Culture, Bookkeeping, Care Worker, Communications, Computer Sciences, Dance School, Design, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental, Events, Management, Finance, Fitness, Gastronomy, Graphic Design, Hotel & Restaurants, HR
Import/Export, IT, Journalism, Law, Logistics, Marketing, Media, Museum, NGO, PR, Tourism, Translation, and many more.
- Dedicated Internship Manager
- 20 years’ experience in internship placements
- Wide range of sectors available
- Quality company placements
- A blend of traditional and tech approaches
- Activity options available help you practise your English outside of the school
For full information about the Erasmus+ programe please check please consult this brochure.
We are experienced in adapting to specific requirements depending of the proposal and we can also adapt to European funded projects (budgets). Please contact our Internship Manager here.
We welcome enquiries from individuals who are not part of the EU funded projects. If you are interested in participating in this course in order for us to assess your suitability, please forward your curriculum vitae, in English, to our Internship Manager here.
Benefits of the Swan Internship Programme
For over 20 years now, Swan ELT has been placing Internship candidates from all over the world. We know what we are doing and we do it well.
Ireland is home to the European headquarters of many of the world’s biggest and best known companies – Swan ELT has connections within many of these companies. We also work with many SME (Small–‐medium enterprises), multinational and indigenous Irish companies.
An Internship abroad is a necessary stage for both professional and personal development, building confidence and expanding horizons.
Our Internships allow the candidate the opportunity to work within an English speaking environment.
Many of our interns get offered jobs in the companies in which they do their internship; others find suitable positions in their own country after completing the programme
Why participate in an Erasmus + Programme?
The specific objectives pursued by the Erasmus+ Programme in the field of education and training are to:
- improve the level of key competences and skills, with particular regard to their relevance for the labour market and their contribution to a cohesive society, in particular through increased opportunities for learning mobility and through strengthened cooperation between the world of education and training and the world of work;
- foster quality improvements, innovation excellence and internationalisation at the level of education and training institutions, in particular through enhanced transnational cooperation between education and training providers and other stakeholders;
- promote the emergence and raise awareness of a European lifelong learning area designed to complement policy reforms at national level and to support the modernisation of education and training systems, in particular through enhanced policy cooperation, better use of EU transparency and recognition tools and the dissemination of good practices;
- enhance the international dimension of education and training, in particular through cooperation between Programme and Partner-Country institutions in the field of VET and in higher education, by increasing the attractiveness of European higher education institutions and supporting the EU’s external action, including its development objectives, through the promotion of mobility and cooperation between Programme and Partner-Country higher education institutions and targeted capacity building in Partner Countries;
- improve the teaching and learning of languages and to promote the EU’s broad linguistic diversity and intercultural awareness.
|Name||What does it include?|
|Internship Programme||Airport collection
Accommodation in a host family
Orientation with the Internship Manager
General English course
Specialised ESP course (optional)
Work placement and monitoring
Cultural programme (optional)
Certificates and documentation required